Want to get a desirable position at work? Worry a lot about the Interview?
Remember that it is always better to prepare in advance then regret later. Here are five common steps on the way to a successful interview - for those who cherish their career ambitions.
- The rule number one – prepare for your interview and bear in mind that it is like the exam. Recall your college examination time – the same examination will be there. Be ready to give clear and accurate answers to the questions concerning a chosen company, organization and the field they are specialized in. They will surely test your knowledge on work-related topics. Do the research on the company`s website, check all the information there. But, notethat some companies do not update their information there. So, be attentive.
Check the news, follow the developments and so on. It will benefit a lot for you. If you are lucky, you will even find some previous interviews. That would be a lucky break.
To cut a long story short, learn everything about your dream company: about the team, experience, backgrounds, developments, qualifications and so on.
- Practice makes perfect. That’s really true. So, the rule number one is to practice a lot. There are lots of resources where each can easily find some sample interview questions that are likely to be asked. Answering such question will surely improve your abilities. In addition, you will feel more confident then. Once you have practiced lots of questions, analyze your answers. Try to speak in front of the mirror. Check your face expressions and gestures. Always remember that even a little practice makes a real interview easy. Find some time for it. No pain, no gain.
- Dressing is also an important attribute during the interview. You should dress appropriately to gain the position you are dreaming about. There is a saying, "Don`t judge the book by its cover". It doesn`t work anymore in modern society. Pity but true. First impressions contribute greatly to the whole interviewing process. Dressing well is a good start undoubtedly. Although, you there is no need to look just like one million dollars.Wearclean and tidy clothes in formal style and that’s it. Also it is very important to put something you feel comfortable in. Speaking about perfumes, try to be a little bit accurate here. Wearing too much perfumes can cause some allergic reactions from your employers side, who knows. So, be careful.
- Great attention to your behavior. Commonly, all employers measure two main things: professional skills and the attitude. Certainly, you will show and present your skills during the interview. But please don’t forget to show your confidence and interest as well. Showing the interest to this or that profession is a must in this situation. Be positive and enthusiastic. Dwell on the topic why do you want to get that position and how do you feel working there.
Confidence will help you here a lot. Don’t be nervous and don’t forget about eye contact.
You know imperfection is beautiful (to some extent of course). So, it is not so common to find a candidate that meets all the conditions and requirements. So, don`t focus on perfection, just try to show all your skills and be yourself. Employers usually hire people with nice attitude and brilliant skills.
- Prepare your own questions. If the interviewer asks "Do you have some questions for us?", it doesn’t actually means it is just a rule and that should be said and that’s all. It means you should really ask some topic-related questions. It is better to be prepared here as well. The interviewer allows you to take this opportunity, so don’t meet this lucky break. Make up for at least three professional questions, which show your interest in the chosen position and the interest as well. Their answers will explain you how everything works there, how to prepare for work and whether it is your desirable position at all.
Be sure these simple 5 steps will help you to increase chances for successful interview. Just be confident and prepare properly. People, who know what they want and what they are talking about, need anything but good listeners.