Want your welcome dose of sunshine and can’t live without palms and gold sandy beaches? Then there is an opportunity waiting to be taken. Choose from the summer jobs below and see if you can work across the water without effort.
- Holiday representative. Companies like Thomas Cook and Thomson hire holiday reps on a regular basis, but if you want to cooperate with independent agencies, that might prove useful as well. Create an outstanding CV and underline your communicative talents so that your future employer takes interest immediately. Moreover, you can accentuate your best features if you already had experience in social spheres. For those, who are looking for administrative positions, combined with bathing in the sun, the vacancy is ideal, and they’ve got benefits for the company workers who make the most money. It is important that you enjoy talking to people, though, because international tourists can be quite demanding.
- Teacher of English. If there is an adventurous streak in you, you will certainly do your best to become a teacher of English abroad. However, to proceed with this option, you need to obtain educational qualifications like TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language). It is the kind of certificate that you receive to continue working in Asia, Africa and South America. In case you are interested in social encouragement and support, there are some benefits thrown in for the newcomers and the job is generally very rewarding.
- Summer camp leader. Summer schools and camps in the US offer a variety of opportunities for students, who need cash on their bank account as soon as possible. However, keep in mind that you will have to spend a certain sum on accommodation and initial preparations, like camp courses and training. In rare cases, you will also need a certificate of proficiency, but on a general level, camp practice is enough. There are camps out there specializing in hiring students for this aim and they usually have annual set of rules for you to follow. According to the rumors, you can receive as much as $1000 for each summer session.
- Theme park worker. Love working with kids and happy customers? Then theme park is your option. Be ready to interact a lot and use your personal charms on people. We are not surprised that, according to the research, the monopoly on theme parks belongs to Disneyland mostly, as they host princes and princesses from your favorite movies and even invite guest stars to promote the enterprise. You are also going to meet a lot of like-minded people and form groups of interest with workers such as yourself.
- Volunteer activist. In case it’s all about the cause for you, and monthly income occupies the second place in your hierarchy, we would like to offer volunteer projects as an option. Some of the campaigns have been criticized lately, though, for their deliberate attempts to cause more harm than good, so we recommend studying the project beforehand, but generally, everything is quite safe and your working hours can be combined with tourism and sightseeing. You need to search on specialized sites and read volunteer reviews that often say more than standard testimonials and letters of gratitude. Young people across the world love the job, because it provides them with an invaluable chance to explore other countries without paying too much and achieve their goals in due time. If you hesitate about the right project and season of the year, try talking to the professional volunteer campaigners, who know the ins and outs of the charity programs and will happily lead you through the preparation process.