Don’t be afraid to make mistakes along the way – if it is your first year, you are going to adjust to your college life soon. And what can be more exciting than knowing you will make friends on campus? There are special ways people can tell you are a newbie, though:
- You will make friends with your roommate. Yes, we swear the first couple of weeks you and your roomie are going to be inseparable. You will share everything: food, drinks and blankets. In the next few weeks, however, you will realize there are other people in the world you can call buddies!
- You will stock up on clothes. The first year of college is tough, so make sure you prepare everything ahead of time. It may be an exaggeration to say your college apparel defines you, but in the end, you will be forced to change it if something goes wrong, so it’s better to come fully equipped and ready to win hearts.
- You will take your house with you. Okay, it’s time to leave for college, and you suddenly realize that suitcase was definitely the wrong move. Who on earth needs that many shirts? Well, it is too late to turn back – you are on a war path now!
- You will be lost. Compared to your high school, college is like a gigantic bee hive with classes and stuff, and as you try to cover your face with a map, there might be someone who can help you out. There is always this overfriendly type who comes close and shows you directions. Bless his heart!
- You meal plans are going to be over. Once you are in college, you dream of binge watching with pizza and soda, but when pizza is the only food that is available for a month, you start to realize there might be something wrong about your food routine.
- You will try hard to be in style. When you have studies, there is no time to think about clothes. For a night out, however, your head is full of ideas, and we can’t blame you for that, especially when we realize we were just the same in our freshman years. Don’t worry too much, though, after a certain time, your clothing choices won’t matter at all!
- You will have a cup of noodles everywhere. These are perfect for the time when you don’t want to go to the dining hall because your friends already ate. What a nightmare!
- You will do the laundry. You can bid farewell to the days when your mom did your laundry for you. With your first pile of clothes, you will bless the childhood days. Oh, sweet summer time.
- You will go everywhere. Before you have a steady company to hang out with, you are basically a pushover, in the best meaning of the word, agreeing to go to every social event that happens on campus. You are a yes-man, and if someone suggests you should go get some food in the middle of the night, there is no way you can resist.You are eager to participate in activities you’ve never even dreamt of, and that’s the beginning of a college life, full of adventures. You just have to find the right balance between studies and rest, and the world is going to be at your feet, we promise.
- You will be sleep deprived. Don’t worry – every student feels the lack of sleep once in a while, and we can even say it’s the newest trend. Do not forget to set the alarm clock, though. Nobody wants to be late for classes on their first day.